Friday, December 4, 2009

More Ornaments


Unlike many of my fellow bloggers, I won't be decorating for Christmas until later in the month so all I have to share that's seasonal are the ornaments I've been working on.

This first one is a soft sculpture needle felted snowman head. Easy peasy--it's not even fair to call it fiber art, but hey, I do!

Santa required a bit more finesse than did Frosty, but not much. Still not satisfied with his mustache. Hercule Poirot, he's not!

This last is one I made for a sister, which is why the pic was just taken on my desktop. Billie's admired similar ones, and since she did me a favor picking up a shared shower gift for a niece I thought I'd send this along with my share of the money. I kinda went overboard with the decorations, but I like it. I think she will too. (If you're reading this, Billie, it's going in tomorrow's mail, along with my check. And thanks!)

I'm enjoying everyone's posts about their Chrismas decorations. Just don't expect the same from me for some time yet, if at all. (When I do decorate, it's not that lavish. Maybe I'll take pics of my sis Ginger's house. Hers always looks fab. And when my SIL Sunny starts decorating again--well, that'll be something to see.)

Ta, y'all.

3 comments:

Mary Keenan said...

Oh, I just love these! I have yet to decorate, myself - too busy sewing to move the machine away from where the tree goes ;^)

LITTLESASSY said...

I'm with Mary! I'm going to have to rearrange my house in order to decorate. My sewing machines are on the dining table and my STUFF is everywhere. And I've got orders to fill, so it probably won't get decorated till next weekend or the week after that. BIZZY!

I love your snowman and your Santa. The Santa reminds me of one of the holiday cartoons, but I can't remember which one.

And I know Billie is gonna do her happy dance when she gets her ornament.

You are so clever!

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog said...

What beautiful pieces! You are so talented :).