Monday, March 14, 2011

Me, again

I've become so random at posting I'm not even going to apologize. So, this is me, moving on.

The pillow I planned to finish two weeks ago I finally completed a week later. I tried some new techniques, which were a little more involved than I thought they'd be. Still, I think it turned out rather well.


The next one didn't take quite so long, though I still haven't managed to do one a day.


Both these were made from samples of high-end fabric. Embroidered in wool on a hand-woven cotton base, they're to-the-trade only fabrics in the $150-$200 a yard range. On the first I used an ultra-suede type fabric for the back and on the second I chose a natural-colored raw silk.

So what does one do with the remnants of fabric this expensive? In my world, one improvises.


This is a set of small sachets, one 3.5"x5", the other 4"x5". Inside each is a muslin packet filled with dried lavender from my garden. I have several more sets under construction. Gotta use up all those bits!

With that I'm gonna sign off. Time to watch a bit of telly with the hub. So 'bye, y'all!

1 comment:

KimMalk said...

Your pillows are just gorgeous. I love the fabric you used, it does look very rich.