Saturday, February 23, 2013

Done and Done

For the past year, I've been working on a couple of brooch bridal bouquets for my Etsy shop. Actually, at the start  I intended to do a single mixed metal bouquet, but that didn't float my boat so I separated it into two. That meant I had to search longer for pieces than I thought I would, but who doesn't love searching?
Here's the gold one as I was working on it. (I removed all the masking tape before I finished, but it's a handy way to hold things for a while.)
Here it is completed. Do you love it or am I just blinded by my own shining self?

I even added a decoration to the bottom of the handle.
Cool, innit?

To make the bouquet, I followed a number of tutorials I found on the 'net but they only took me so far. From there, I improvised. I'm quite pleased with how it turned out, but think I'll take a break before working on the silver. (Finding silver tone pieces has been much more difficult than finding gold tone, perhaps because with the silver I want rhinestones. As a result, I've got a lot more money invested in the silver than in the gold.)

This is me, dusting my hands in satisfaction!


1 comment:

Handmade Whimzy said...

I think this is really cool! It would be the perfect bouquet for a bride who is non-traditional or someone allergic to flowers. You have so much patience - putting all that together and I love how you wrapped the stem.