Sunday, February 15, 2015

Upcycling, part deux

Today's pillows are all made from recycled fabric/vintage towels, one of my fave kinds of pillows.

This one was a gorgeous linen tea towel that had a big hole in it. 
Couldn't be darned or else I'd have tried. I used it and a piece 
of new chenille fabric bought as a remnant. The flower
is from a silk bought as a remnant from a
design curtain/upholstery firm.


This was a kitchen towel. I'll admit I didn't buy it at a thrift store; 
it was new from Dollar Tree. The buttons though are
vintage, as are most of the ones I use.


The doily's the upcycled bit here, that plus the wool for the flower and 
the linen itself, which also came from a thrift store. 
Ditto on the button. 

Again a doily was the upcycled bit, but the glass for the 
button was a thrift store find too. I used new
linen for the underfabric.

This was a Battenburg tablecloth from a thrift store. It had a hole,
which could have been darned but the tablecloth
 wasn't unique enough to warrant doing so.

That's all for today. Check back  tomorrow for more upcycled pillows. Oh, and all but the top pillow, already sold, are available at my Etsy store.


No comments: