Friday, July 20, 2012

And Yet More Cards

Last post, I talked of all the celebrations to come this week but only shared one card I made. I thought now I'd show you the others.

For my anniversary card, I was inspired by this framed quote from a little about a LOT
Here's mine:
And yes, I realize I put fried fish twice. When we were young, I pretty much fried fish every Friday, but even so it was a mistake I made transferring the words onto the image. And yes, he noticed. :^P

The card for my used-to-be next door neighbor was inspired by Yuriko Craft 4 You .
Now mine:
I used a note card from Michael's dollar section as the base along with leftover paper bits and some vintage buttons. (About fifteen years ago, Patsy, who was then my neighbor, now in her mid-eighties, gave me a cigar box full of buttons from her grandmother. I don't know that these are from that box--I've picked up many containers of old buttons since then--but vintage buttons always remind me of Patsy, which, I think, makes this card very appropriate.)

And that's all for now. Have a good 'un.




No comments: