Saturday, July 7, 2012

Button Cards

I'm a beginner at card making. My attempts in the past have simply been quotes printed on cardstock. After tooling around the 'net for inspiration, I decided to spread my wings a bit.
For this one, I used a stamp, blocking the flowers on it with masking tape, before I loaded it up, then stitching on vintage buttons as flowers. For the yellow flower, I used green cord, and it was a doozer to get through the card and the buttons. I wound up with less than I needed to tie a double knot so I dabbed a bit of tacky glue over the single knot and covered the glue and knot with a star punched from yellow paper. For the peach button, I used  crochet cotton I'd colored with green ink. All the envelopes, I lined with green striped paper.
For this one, I put text above a clip art bicycle and printed it onto white cardstock, which I cut into a tag shape. I stitched buttons over the wheels, tied the tag with ribbon and glued it onto a card covered with green patterned paper.
I used clip art for this one too and did the same printing onto cardstock and cutting into a tag routine. The background on this is strips of printed paper glued onto a piece of cardstock, then attached to a card.
This is similar to my earlier ones in that it's a famous person quote, but different in the extras. (The others had none.) I used printed cardstock as a frame around the quote and embellished with buttons.
This one's simple, but I think it looks elegant. Just a stamp on a piece of white cardstock, backed by a bit of patterned cardstock, beneath strips of three different cardstocks, one patterned, the other two plain. And five vintage buttons stitched on with vintage crochet cotton.
The last is the one I actually began with. I did the banner and intended simply to stamp some kind of something below it, but I'd gotten into a button mood so added them here as well.

And that's about it for cards right now. I have another GG birthday in August I need to prepare for, but I have plenty of time for that. My next project is finishing the bedskirt I'm making for the guest room.

Tomorrow.

No comments: