Friday, September 4, 2009

Featured Etsy Seller

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I'm not a jewelry person. That doesn't stop me from being awed--and tempted--by the artisans I see on Etsy. And OMG check this one out! Daisy sent me the link to this lady's shop; she saw her on Etsy's Editor's Picks page. Looking at her stuff, you'll understand why.

Her shop name's Yoola. She's from Israel, but her shipping charges are reasonable--$4.50 on the two items I've shown, $2.50 when shipped with another item. Oh, I forgot to tell you what she makes: wire-crocheted jewelry and sculptures.

These are some of my fave pieces. I love these Giant Hoop Earrings. (I do wear earrings, I just rarely think of changing them. But these are only $29, completely affordable even if they sit in a drawer until I remember to wear them.)

And this Silver Bracelet? Gorgeous, huh? It's really got me tempted. (I never wear bracelets anymore--used to all the time.) This one's $75.00. She also sells the pattern for $10, for all you crocheters. Is that a deal or what?


She also does sculptures using coated copper wire. This one she says was knitted using a crochet needle. That boggles my mind, but there are more things in the creating world than either Hamlet or Horatio or I ever dreamt of.

But this lady's got me thinking about what I can do in the same vein. (Daisy suggested using wire and bead crocheted centers on my flowers. Sounds cool, doesn't it?)

This seller's certainly going on my faves for next time I need a gift. Check her out why doncha?

Ta, y'all.

No comments: