Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Discoveries

Tom left this morning for Plano. He goes every year--well, in the past we both went, but with the feeding schedule we had to put Max on after the diabetes scare, we can't both be gone overnight at the same time. I actually was looking forward to being alone--more fool me. I miss him! But he'll back tomorrow and I can hold on that long. (That was my first discovery--how much I miss him.)

And the second discovery? I found some rhinestone buttons on Ebay that didn't cost me an arm and a leg. I paid about a buck and a half each, but they're vintage and not missing any stones so I think I got a pretty good deal.
See the ones that look like belt buckles? They're not; they really are buttons with a loop on each prong to attach with. Not sure what I'll do with those, though I'm thinking I might use them on a memory bag. Maybe a piece of felt that loops through, then snaps shut? Doesn't make the button functional, just decorative, but that's okay with me. (I haven't done any memory bags since the ones I made for my sisters shown here.)

I've already made a brooch with one of the buttons.
I think it looks pretty sharp. Oh, and so does the picture. I picked up an Ott-lite natural spectrum bulb last week and am loving the color it gives to my pictures. I spent all day Monday taking new shots of most of my items on Etsy. Still have some to take, but I'm lagging on those.

In the meantime, I think I'll take a shower and put on my 'jammies and cuddle up with Max--that's the best I can do 'til the Hub comes home.

No comments: