Monday, October 20, 2014

Button Ideas

Pinterest is wonderful for finding ideas, and for finding people who share your taste and who find ideas of their own. Here are a few button ideas I either found on Pinterest or pinned myself.

                                                                                                                                    Source
This is such a lovely addition to a lampshade, which could be done in many styles. Here it was made for a little girl's room, but fashioned in all white it would be stunning in a cottage-style living room or a feminine bedroom.

                                                                                                                                      Source
This combines two of my favorite things: buttons and redwork. Imagine a button-mounted redwork card in a sewing shadow box. It's definitely on my to-do list!

                                                                                                                                      Source

When it comes to buttons, even too much isn't enough! This lady on Flicker has a spectacular collection.


                                                                                                                                      Source
More of her collection. I've begun putting my buttons in jars and displaying them on a window ledge in my studio. It's not a patch on her collection, but from little acorns oak trees grow.

                                                                                                                                         Source

I made this from an old frame, an old linen napkin and a collection of buttons. I used the blue to distinguish from the wing and the body. I'm not sure it works but I'm not going to change it now.

                                                                                                                                             Source
I love this bouquet, and yes, it too is one of mine. It was ever so much fun making..



                                                                                                                                      Source

Another of my creations: I took a discarded silk pillow, in perfect condition, and added the etcetera abbreviation in vintage buttons.

                                                                                                                                     Source

This one I've sold, but I still love it. I used the Kate Spade ampersand as an inspiration and stitched the buttons onto another rescued pillow cover, this one a Ralph Lauren gray denim.

I could go on for days but I'll pause here. And it is a pause, not a full stop. Tomorrow's another day, and if not tomorrow then one of the many tomorrows to come.

Ta, y'all.

No comments: