Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Here we go a-tassel-ing...

I've been busy the past few days, but I think maybe I've learned a few things about this blogging thing. Then again, maybe not. I've already made a couple of mistakes this morning trying to post a picture, so here I go again. This is the Christmas tassel I made from the beaded thing-a-bob Ginge and Sunny and I found on a recent trip to Austin.



(It worked!)
The tassel isn't as bad as I thought it was nor as good as I'd like it to be. I may not do another, may just call it a learning experience.
I spent some time this morning working in the studio on another tassel, which now that it's done, I have to do over. I used a couple of the plastic beads I picked up the other day, did the little manipulation thingie to get it all together, and now see that the top ball is sitting wonky. And it's all glued up and everything.
Later, after I get over my ticked-offedness, I'll do over without the middle beads. May turn out they're useless for my purposes. Chalk that to experience too? When does experience become capability?
Happy Election Day!









1 comment:

LITTLESASSY said...

I think this looks great! What do you dislike about it? Maybe you're being too harsh.